A Wedding Abroad: How to plan a trip with a big group
Do you have your heart set on saying ‘I do’ on an exotic beach in Jamaica or at a romantic vineyard in Paris? It is super easy to get caught up in the excitement of jetting off to a dreamy location to tie the knot, but it is also important to consider these 7 tips, especially if you want your WHOLE squad to attend:
1) Location, Location, Location – Choose a location with great weather and amenities. You want to make sure the place that you choose has a great venue but also great hotels and easy access to public transport for your guests to have easy access to the city.
2) Send the invitations out early – Be sure to send out your invites well in advance, this way your guests can budget and save money on airfare! We recommend sending out the invitations at least 5-6 months in advance.
3) Group deals! – Book a hotel that offers group deals to lighten your guests’ financial load – It will also be great to have all your guests stay at the same location to double the excitement and fun!
4) Organize shuttle service on the day of the wedding to help your guests get to the venue!
5) Create an itinerary – Create an itinerary of the activities that will be happening the week of the wedding, this way your guests can plan their budgets accordingly.
6) Time of year – Planning a wedding during Xmas or peak periods may break the bank not only for yourself but for your guests too! Consider setting a date that is during off-peak seasons to ensure that everyone can attend.
7) Before planning your destination wedding, make sure you speak to your bridesmaids, groomsmen, family, and friends to let them know that you’re planning a destination wedding – this way they can genuinely let you know if they can commit attending.
Don’t be afraid to turn your dream of having a destination wedding surrounded by your loved ones a reality. Our team at Gala Travels can help you decide on beautiful, dreamy, exotic and life-changing locations and provide you with amazing deals to take the stress off.
We will work closely with you to make sure your dreams become a reality that you’ll never want to wake up from!
Call us on: 1-866-458-4252 to book your dream wedding destination.