Things to do at the Airport
Stuck at the airport? Missed your flight? Long transit? Bored out of your brains? Worry not! – You’ll be surprised to find there are plenty of things to do at the airport. Below we have compiled our top 8 activities that will get you busy and help you manage your time effectively no matter what airport in the world you are stuck at.
1. Get work done – A few hours at the airport is the perfect time to catch up on work, study for an upcoming exam, or finish off that book you’ve been wanting to write.
2. Find an outlet – Quite simply, plug your phone or laptop and surf the internet! Find out what’s happening in the world, chat to friends and family, update your social media, or even go on FB live – friends and family will keep you company!
3. Go eat – Depending on what airport you’re at, you’ll either find a few renowned food outlets such as McDonalds, Burger King, and KFC, or you’ll find restaurants with local cuisines! Tickle your taste buds and enjoy a refreshing, hot meal before your next flight.
4. Go shop – Spoil yourself at the duty-free! Shop around and you may find a great bargain on an electronic item, perfume, or jewelry you’ve been eyeing for a long time!
5. Go pray – Many airports offer a chapel or prayer room. Meditation is a vital way to purify and quiet the mind, thus rejuvenating the body!
6. Go sleep – It is the year 2019 (or whatever futuristic year you are reading this blog) – airports have found the perfect solution to exhausted passengers: sleep pods! Pay by the hour if you fancy a bit of shuteye in these tiny yet fancy-looking rooms!
7. Use the airport lounge – If you’re a frequent traveler and have a loyalty card with your favorite airline, then be sure to take advantage of your airline lounge! Joining a rewards program can also allow you to avail lounges at various airports around the world. So grab a bite, use the wifi, kick back and relax!
8. Speak to the airline – If you have a long stay at the airport your airline should be able to offer you complimentary meal vouchers! Go to the airline desk and tell them about your situation and find out how they can help. You may also be in luck and they could offer you a hotel should your transit be long enough.
Extra Tip: If you have purchased travel insurance then you may also be able to earn compensation on a missed or cancelled flight. As always, our agents at Gala Travels will be pleased to answer any questions you may have and help you book a hassle-free trip wherever in the world you may be going. Call now on: +1 905 940 4646